FAQ
FAQ BBcodes
Términos de uso
Política de Privacidad

Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: eight of 15 games played
NotaPublicado: 13 Sep 2018 07:51 
Agente

Kelvin Benjamin burst up the right sideline Tedric Thompson Jersey , timed his turn some 20 yards upfield, and made a leaping catch by using his imposing 6-foot-5 frame to box-out cornerback Tre'Davious White on the opening day of the Bills' mandatory minicamp.

It wasn't so much the catch that thrilled Benjamin. It was, more so, how effortlessly he leaped now that his two once-wobbly knees are feeling better.

"I'm so happy to have both knees working for me at the same time," Benjamin said Wednesday.

"Last season, that catch, even trying to jump up and get that, I would have had to put so much effort just to jump. I mean, I did it with ease. It was just like second nature to me."

That's encouraging for Benjamin, who had offseason surgery to repair torn ligaments in his right knee. Benjamin also played through a sore left knee, which he strained while still playing for Carolina, before being traded to Buffalo on Oct. 31.

The 27-year-old is attempting to re-establish himself as one of the league's more productive receivers following a mostly forgettable season in which injuries and the trade stunted his production.

Benjamin finished with 48 catches for 692 yards and three touchdowns, all career lows since being selected by Carolina with the 28th pick in the 2014 draft.

Benjamin is eager to put last year behind, by saying Chris Carson Jersey , "You've got to have a short memory, you know what I'm saying, forget about it and move on."

It helps being healthy, and Benjamin having an entire offseason to familiarize himself with Buffalo and new offensive coordinator Brian Daboll .

Just as important, Benjamin believes he's in a better place entering the final year of his contract after getting the sense he no longer fit the Panthers' long-term plans.

Benjamin revealed he prompted the Panthers to trade him.

"I didn't want to be there no more, nah," he said. "I just felt like they weren't featuring me more. I was their No. 1, but I wasn't getting my No. 1 targets."

Benjamin had just 32 catches on 51 targets in eight games with the Panthers last season. That was a sharp decline from his rookie season, when he was targeted 145 times, and finished with 73 catches for 1,008 yards and nine touchdowns.

Bills general manager Brandon Beane gave up third- and seventh-round draft picks to acquire Benjamin, and acknowledged having inside information on the receiver being available. Beane previously served as the Panthers assistant GM and had a hand in drafting Benjamin.

"I didn't think it was a what you'd call a perfect marriage at the time for various reasons, and probably looking at a lot of avenues for blame," Beane said of Benjamin's falling out in Carolina.

"I know when he's healthy what he can do. And you can't coach size and length that he has. And that's a weapon to defend."

In Buffalo Jason McCourty Jersey , Benjamin is expected to be a fixture on a revamped offense lacking proven depth behind him at receiver.

He also benefits from playing under coach Sean McDermott, who has firsthand knowledge of the threat Benjamin can present after previously serving as the Panthers defensive coordinator.

"It's a matchup concern for defenses, it's a matchup concern for defensive coordinators, and one we need to use wisely," McDermott said.

The Bills' passing attack ranked no better than 22nd in three seasons under Tyrod Taylor, who was traded to Cleveland this offseason. Buffalo hasn't cracked the top 10 of the NFL in yard passing since finishing fifth in 2002 during Drew Bledsoe's first season.

Rookie first-round pick Josh Allen, free-agent addition AJ McCarron and second-year backup Nathan Peterman are competing for the starting job.

Benjamin is eager to show he hasn't lost a step, while knowing he has something to prove when it comes to making a case for his next contract.

"I feel like it's going to come. You ain't got to sit there and beg for it," Benjamin said. "Money, the money, it's going to come."

NOTES: Allen ended the final day of mandatory practices on Thursday by hitting fellow rookie WR Austin Proehl on a deep touchdown pass on their first play from scrimmage. ... The Bills are off until opening training camp in suburban Rochester, New York, on July 26.

DeMarco Murray is retiring from the NFL.

The 2014 Offensive Player of the Year made the announcement on ESPN on Friday, four months after being released by the Tennessee Titans.

Murray Cameron Meredith Jersey , 30, lost his job to Derrick Henry last season and was due to make $6.25 million in 2018 when the Titans let him go. He ran for 659 yards and six touchdowns last season, dealt with a knee injury late in the year, and missed the Titans' final regular-season game and two playoff contests.

"I think you just wake up," Murray said. "I've always heard the saying when you know, you know, and one day that day will come, and for me it was the last year or two. ... I've been constantly thinking about this. Working out still, in great shape, feel great and it's time.

"I just woke up a couple weeks ago and it started to burn and burn and trigger and it got deeper, so this morning I decided to call it a career."

The Titans acquired Murray in a March 2016 trade with the Eagles. Murray had spent one year with Philadelphia after playing four seasons with the Cowboys. Murray was playing for Dallas in 2014 when he won the NFL rushing title and Offensive Player of the Year honors.

He was a dominant force that season for the Cowboys, who went 12-4 to win the NFC East. Murray ran for a league-best 1,845 yards, then signed a five-year Walt Aikens Jersey , $40 million deal as a free agent with Philadelphia in 2015.

With the Eagles, Murray started eight of 15 games played and ran 193 times for a team-best 702 yards. Once coach Chip Kelly was fired, Murray's contract was one of those Philadelphia unloaded.

The Titans couldn't wait to add Murray as a running threat to help protect quarterback Marcus Mariota. Behind a revamped offensive line, Murray proved very durable, playing through a torn plantar plate in his right foot. Murray led the AFC and was third in the NFL with 1,287 yards rushing on 293 carries. It was second-most carries of his career and his second-best rushing season.

But last year was problematic and ended in injury. And now, without a team or a job, Murray is leaving football.

"I'm very blessed to have had the coaching staff and the players and teammates that I've been fortunate to play with the last seven years of my career," Murray said. "It's been a long time thinking the last year or two physically, mentally, emotionally. I think it's time for me to hang it out there. As hard as it is ... the fans have been great. I had a lot of great games and a lot of great teammates. It's bittersweet, but I think for me it's the right timing for myself and my family moving forward."
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander Jersey

Perfil Enviar mensaje privado