Lista de Usuarios
El equipo

Ayuda

FAQ
FAQ BBcodes
Términos de uso
Política de Privacidad

Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: The Washington Redskins released safety D.J.
NotaPublicado: 22 Oct 2019 04:29 
Nuevo usuario

Swearinger on Monday.Swearinger early in the day told a radio station in Washington D.C. he’d been cut with one game remaining in the regular season. He said on 106.7 The Fan that Redskins coach Jay Gruden did not give him an explanation for the move.“I don’t regret nothing , because I know I gave 100 percent effort from my heart,” Swearinger said.The Redskins later Monday sent out a release with the transaction.Swearinger has been critical of the team, which has dealt with significant injuries to the offensive line and quarterback. Washington is 7-8 and closes the season with a home game against the rival Philadelphia Eagles, who still have a shot at making the playoffs and defending their NFL title.Washington lost 25-16 at Tennessee on Saturday night. Swearinger was reportedly critical of the lack of aggressive play calling in the loss. Backup quarterback Blaine Gabbert led the Titans to the victory after Marcus Mariota was injured.Swearinger was also critical of the team earlier this season.“I can’t tell you what needs to be changed. I ain’t the coach,” Swearinger said after a 40-16 loss to the Giants on Dec. 9. “We ain’t executing. We ain’t getting the job done. That’s the answer they want me to give.”Swearinger had a team-leading four interceptions this season. He was drafted by the Texans in the second round in 2013. He spent two seasons in Houston and then two in Arizona before joining the Redskins for the 2017 season. The Cardinals used the top waiver position in the league to snag tackle Desmond Harrison after the Browns dropped him from their roster this week , but they weren’t the only team interested in adding Harrison to their roster.Field Yates of ESPN reports that Washington also put in a waiver claim on Harrison. Per Yates, they were the only other team that made a bid to get the second-year player.The move comes after left tackle Trent Williams opted not to report to this week’s mandatory minicamp. There has been word that the way the team handled the diagnosis and/or removal of a growth on Williams’s head upset the veteran tackle along with a report that he’s looking for a new contract.Whatever the reason, Williams isn’t with the team and it’s not clear if that’s going to change for training camp. Harrison started eight games at left tackle as a rookie, so he would have given the team some experience as a starter as they try to work things out with Williams. Now they’ll have to look in another direction to make such an addition to the team.

Perfil Enviar mensaje privado