FAQ
FAQ BBcodes
Términos de uso
Política de Privacidad

Autor Mensaje
 Asunto: So far as the new GM of the Oakland Raiders
NotaPublicado: 11 Jul 2019 09:28 
Nuevo usuario

Football Outsiders: Raiders WR Jordy Nelson can be ‘effective complement’ to Amari Cooper The good folks at Football Outsiders have answered several questions for us here at Silver and Black Pride Cheap Foster Moreau Jersey , and two of the questions/answers were posted on Monday and Tuesday. Those questions dealt with the coaching staff, but from here on out they will deal with the players.Today’s question focuses on the Raiders’ upgraded receiving unit. Look for more Football Outsiders questions on Thursday and Friday.S&BP: The Raiders have added plenty in the wide receiver corps this offseason. They now have Jordy Nelson, Martavis Bryant, Ryan Switzer and Marcell Ateman. How do you see these players fitting in this year and which do you believe will have the most impact and why?I say, if “Slotty McTryhard” isn’t the funniest thing I’ve heard all day, I don’t know what is. For more examples of Slotty McTryhards, see the New England Patriots, who utilize about four of them every year.Plenty of NFL experts are pessimistic about Jordy Nelson, given his age and the fact that he had a pretty awful year in Green Bay last season. But camp reports have been stellar, and Football Outsiders seems to believe in Nelson’s ability to become a major part of the Raider offense. We’ll find out more on Friday, with the starters playing extended minutes against Nelson’s old team, the Packers.As for Bryant, Jon Gruden was not pleased with his grasp of the playbook nor his lack of consistent availability to practice, so his time with the Raiders got started off on a bad note. But he had a pretty good game against the Lions and will get more chances to shine against the Packers, who have elected to play the season without any cornerbacks.It’s puzzling to me now and was puzzling to me last year why the Cowboys didn’t use Ryan Switzer more in the passing game, but I am not privy to Cowboys practice tape and I will defer to Jason Garrett on this one. I’m not sure the Cowboys offense had a plan or an identity of any kind last year. What I do know is that Switzer caught a diving TD against the Lions and is currently battling Griff Whalen to be our Slotty McTryhard.The Raiders may keep six wide receivers, and Marcell Ateman has a good shot to be the sixth guy. He’s showed flashes this preseason and he has the size to be a legitimate red zone threat. It’s true that he will have to make his mark on special teams because he just won’t get enough offensive reps to be worth the roster spot otherwise.Of course, all this is dependent on Amari Cooper being that bona fide number one receiver. It is he who will get the bulk of the attention from opposing defenses Marshawn Lynch Jersey , and he who will enable these other wideouts to get advantageous matchups. In a four-wide set you’d have a linebacker or a safety on one of these guys, and Derek Carr will eat that coverage for lunch. There is so much more talent now than last year at the receiver position, as long as they all fulfill their potential. It’s not known what Antonio Brown wants from a new team by way of an adjusted contract. It is known that Antonio Brown will be considering something other than money.Per a league source, quality of quarterback play will be a factor in Brown’s assessment of whether he wants to play for a team to which he could be traded.Adam Schefter of ESPN reported on Friday night that the Raiders, Titans, and Washington are the three teams that have shown the most interest in trading for Brown. Although it’s tempting to characterize the Oakland-D.C. angle as a battle between Jon and Jay Gruden, only one Gruden (Jon) will be calling the shots as to how much is given to the Steelers and how much money is paid to Brown.The Steelers publicly acknowledged more than a week ago that three teams have shown interest in trading for Brown. This week, G.M. Kevin Colbert said that more than three teams have shown interest, but he declined to provide an updated number.Per Schefter, the Steelers want a first-round pick for Brown.But would Brown want to catch passes from Derek Carr, Marcus Mariota, or whoever the quarterback will be in Washington? Jay Gruden’s receiver-friendly offense could be enticing to Brown, but none of the options in any of these three places will be a Ben Roethlisberger.As it relates to Ben’s personality, Brown will like that. As it relates to Ben’s throwing skills, all three options will result in a step down for Brown.However it plays out, Brown’s interest in playing for a given team surely will be a factor in that team’s interest in giving up whatever it takes to get him. Which will make it even harder for all parties involved to get what they want.

Perfil Enviar mensaje privado